Self-publishing can be a wonderful experience and opportunity, but equally it can be full of embarrassing and expensive errors. Worse, the field is littered with con artists masquerading as vanity publishers or self-publishing gurus. I can help you separate fact from fiction, navigate the potential minefields, and successfully take your manuscript to publication in print and/or digital format (“ebook”).
I highly recommend you read The Global Indie Author: Your Guide to the World of Self-Publishing, available in print and ebook worldwide, and read its updates on my blog. If you prefer personalized assistance, I can answer your questions about:
• book structure
• manuscript editing
• copyright: registration, fair use of copyrighted material, and infringement
• use of trademarks
• other legal issues such as: libel, obscenity, blasphemy, hate propaganda, how-to manuals (legal liability), privacy, image content
• opening and managing an ISBN account
• cover and interior image requirements
• print and ebook technical requirements
• print on demand (POD) options versus short-run printing and self-distribution
• ebook distribution options
• setting up direct-to-retail (Kindle Direct Publishing, Kobo, Nook, and Apple) and print-on-demand client accounts (CreateSpace, Ingram Spark)
• royalty payments
• tax treaty paperwork (for non-U.S. authors)
$60.00 per hour billed in 15-minute increments. Consultations in person, by email, or Skype. Please contact me to arrange an appointment.